Statement of Faith
1. We believe that the Holy Bible as originally written was verbally inspired and the product of spirit-controlled men, and therefore, has truth without any admixture of error for its matter.
2. We believe the Bible to be the true center of Christian Union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions, shall be tried.
3. We believe there is one and only one true God, an Infinite Spirit, The Maker and Supreme Ruler of Heaven and Earth; inexpressibly glorious in Holiness, and worthy of all possible Honor, Confidence and Love; that in the Unity of the Godhead there are three persons, The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost.
4. We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, equal with God, The Father and God, The Son, and of the same nature; That he was active in the creation; That in His relation to the unbelieving world He restrains the evil one until God=s purpose is fulfilled; That He convicts of sin, of righteousness, and of Judgment; That He bears witness to the Truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; That He is the Agent in The New Birth; That He seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies and helps the Believer.
5. We believe in the personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, and the Author of all the powers of darkness, and is destined to the Judgment of an eternal justice in the Lake of Fire.
6. We believe the Genesis Account of Creation and that man came by direct creation of God and not by evolution.
7. We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of His Maker, but by voluntary transgression fell from his sinless and happy state in consequence of which all mankind are now sinners, not only by constraint, but of choice; and, therefore, under just condemnation without defense of excuse.
8. We believe that Jesus was begotten of the Holy Ghost in a miraculous manner, born of Mary, A Virgin, as no other man was ever born or can ever be born of woman, and that he is both The Son of God and God, The Son.
9. We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace; through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God, who by the appointment of the Father, freely took upon Him our nature, yet without sin, honored the divine Law by His personal obedience, and by His death made a full and vicarious atonement for our sins; That His atonement consisted not in setting us an example by His death as a martyr, but was a voluntary substitution of Himself in the sinner=s place, the just dying for the unjust; Christ, The Lord, bearing our sin in His own body on the tree; That having risen from the dead, He is now enthroned in Heaven, and uniting in His Wonderful Person the tenderest sympathies with Divine Perfection, He is in every way qualified to be a suitable, a Compassionate and All-Sufficient Savior.
10. We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be Born Again; that The New Birth is a New Creation in Christ Jesus; That it is instantaneous and not a process; That in The New Birth the one dead in trespasses and in sins is made partaker of the Divine Nature and receives Eternal Life; The Free Gift of God; That the New Creation is brought about in the manner above our comprehension, solely by the Power of the Holy Spirit in connection with Divine Truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel; That its proper evidence appears in the Holy Fruits of Repentance and Faith and Newness of Life.
11. We believe that there is a radical and essential difference between the righteous and the wicked; That such only as through Faith are justified in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and sanctified by the Spirit of our God, are truly righteous in His esteem; While all such as continue in impenitence and unbelief are in His sight wicked, and under the Curse; and this distinction holds among men both in and after death, in the everlasting felicity of the saved and the everlasting conscious suffering of the Lost.
12. We believe in the Bodily Resurrection (Matthew 28:6-7; Luke 24:39; John 20:27;
I Corinthians 15:4; Mark 16:6).
13. We believe in the Ascension (Acts 1:9-11; Luke 24:51; Mark 16;19).
14. We believe in the High Priesthood (Hebrews 8:6; I Timothy 2:5; I John 2:1;
15. We believe in the Second Coming (John 14:3; Acts 1:11; I Thess. 4:16; James 5:8).
16. We believe in the Resurrection of the Righteous Dead (I Thess. 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:42-44; I Corinthians 15:52).
17. We believe in the Change of the Living in Christ (I Corinthians 15:51-53; I Thess. 4:13).
18. We believe in the Throne of David (Luke 1:32; Isaiah 9:6-7; Acts 2:29-30).
19. We believe in the Millennial Reign (I Corinthians 15:25; Isaiah 32:1; Isaiah 11:4-9; Psalms 72:8; Revelations 20:6; Revelations 20:4).
20. We believe in Tithing; God commanded tithes and offerings in the Old Testament; Jesus Christ endorsed it in the Gospel (Matt. 23:23) and the Apostle Paul said,
Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God Hath prospered Him, that there be no gatherings when I come@. (I Cor. 16:2)
21. We believe in Divine Healing as set forth in (James 5:14-15)
Is any sick among you? Let Him call for the Elders of the Church; and let them pray over Him with oil in the name of the Lord: and the prayer of Faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise Him up; and if He have committed sins, they shall be forgiven Him.
22. We believe in the ordinances of the Gospel: Baptism - Immersion of the Believer in water, in the Name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost (Matt. 28:19) The Lord=s Supper (Matt. 26:26-28, I Cor. 10:16, I Cor. 11:23-26).